Cruise to Kronstadt
THE CITY PORT INCLUDED IN THE UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE LIST
Peter the Great built Kronstadt as a city-fortress, which would protect St. Petersburg from the encroachments of the enemy. The city became famous not only for its defensive merit, but also for the pioneering sailors. Expeditions started from Kronstadt made 56 major geographical discoveries. Until the mid-nineties, it was possible to get here only having special passes.
We’re going to the walls of the fortress on the high-speed boat «Meteor». You will experience a fascinating tour of the Gulf of Finland including the forts views. The final goal of the cruise will be a guided walking tour of Kronstadt to the main attractions and a visit to the Naval Nikolsky Cathedral!
On board of our hydrofoil, you will watch the sightseeing video about the city of military glory. There is a bar with snacks on board, a bathroom, three saloons with various categories of seats, including a business class with a panoramic view in the bow.
|WALKING TOUR ON YOUR OWN OR WITH A GUIDE
Depending on the type of your ticket, you can walk around the city on your own or go on an exciting two-hour tour of Kronstadt accompanied by a professional guide. Please pay attention - the tour is only in Russian language (!) After walking guided tour you will have some free time before the departure of hydrofoil.
The most interesting sights of the port city:
• Anchor square
• Italian Palace
• Naval Cathedral of St. Nicholas
• wooden lighthouse at the Petrovsky Canal (19th century)
• smelt monument
• one of the world's oldest tide gauge (on the area of former USSR people measure absolute heights from its zero mark)
The pearl of Kronstadt is the Naval Cathedral of St. Nicholas the Wonder-worker. This is the last and the largest of the maritime churches of the Russian Empire. It was erected just before the revolution. The cathedral was conceived as a memorial temple to all dead sailors. There were installed marble commemorative plaques with the officers and ship clergymen’s names inside the temple. At times of the USSR, the cathedral was plundered and then converted into a cinema. Worships in the temple were resumed only in the two thousandth.
Departure: from Thursday to Sunday.
12:30 - departure, transfer to Kronstadt along a special route, which includes sightseeing of forts from the board of «Meteor» and brief information about Kronstadt and forts in Russian language (!)
14:00 - arrival in Kronstadt.
14:00-16: 30 - excursion around Kronstadt and the Naval Cathedral with a professional guide.
16:45 - departure from Kronstadt.
18:00 - arrival in St. Petersburg.
«Standard» class: comfortable seats in the central of middle saloon and stern.
«Comfort» class: comfortable seats in the central saloon of hydrofoil by the window.
«Business» class: located in the bow of hydrofoil and it has panoramic windows.
We pay your attention that boarding is done on the pier «Kunstkamera», Universitetskaya emb., 3 !
* our company reserves the right to change the schedule and route due to the reasons, which we are not responsible for (weather conditions, navigation restrictions, repair works etc.)
The only excursion to Kronstadt by water!
- A fascinating journey on a high-speed meteor on the Gulf of Finland near the ancient water trade route "from the Varangians to the Greeks»;
- Walking tour of Kronstadt with a guide or independently (depending on the type of ticket).
- Russian and English guide tour;
- All the major sights, military ships and lighthouse;
- The last and largest naval temple of the Russian Empire is the Naval Cathedral of St. Nicholas.
KUNSTKAMERA PIER: Universitetskaya emb., 3
From Thursday to Sunday 12:30